BIM Technical Manager
Salary: Competitive - depending on experience.
Primary Location: 83 Blackfriars Road, London, SE1
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a hybrid Technical BIM Manager, based out of our offices in Southwark, London. We have an impressive client list and work on a variety of projects, both large and small.
The BIM Technical Manager role entails taking ownership of production of our BIM models (and also all 2D and 3D drawings) to ensure that they are delivered to a consistently high quality across all projects and in accordance with agreed programmes. The BIM Technical Manager will also drive the organisation’s transition to BIM with the ultimate goal that the workstreams of the MEP engineers and BIM Technicians is seamless.
This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic individual who is looking to progress in their career. You would have the opportunity to work together with the board, and have the opportunity to identify, influence, and implement change.
- Report on the company’s current and projected status regarding BIM implementation.
- Create upgrade and deployment strategies for the BIM implementation including advising on current workflow, strategies, budgets, projects, staffing, etc in terms of design teams and project requirements.
- Create a plan for implementation.
- Demonstrate the company’s BIM success by evaluating goals that were established in the earlier phases.
Training and HR Management
- Undertake internal training of staff or advise on requirements for Revit fundamental and Intermediate training.
- Manage and lead internal CPD Revit training sessions.
- Provide technical orientation to new employees in respect of Revit/BIM tools.
- Write a competency test for new employees to test skills in BIM/Revit.
- Maintain high level of competency in the most up-to-date software by ensuring regular use and training.
- Undertake staff appraisals.
- Manage the department recruitment process.
- Take responsibility for the integration of BIM (and CAD) standards development, implementation and enforcement.
- Advise on the creation and maintenance of the BIM (and CAD) software template files to assure standards.
- Assist in developing and enforcing BIM documentation and workflow process standards.
- Ensure compliance with Mecserve’s Quality Assurance procedures, completeness and adherence to company standards of all drawings produced.
- Provide continued feedback on time and money spent on projects, ultimately providing costing guidelines for future likeminded projects so that fees can be accurate.
Project Interface – BIM Project Management
- Assess the needs of clients and users and agreeing the project brief.
- Support project standards coordination with staff and clients.
- Manage the process of creating Revit families in response to project need.
- Assist in the resolution of BIM design issues providing a co-ordination role.
- Utilise experience in BIM methods and procedures and responding to EIRs, authoring or contributing to BIM Execution Plans and setting up delivery mechanisms to meet the clients BIM requirements.
- Keep project documentation up-to-date and comply with file management protocols.
Hardware and Software Management
- Manage, in conjunction with our IT support team, the hardware and software needs of the team including preparing planned replacement schedules, budgets etc.
- Evaluate new software and hardware and report on its suitability.
Technical Knowledge and Skills
- A detailed understanding of the building services engineering field. Additional experience in other sectors including structural engineering and architectural disciplines would be an advantage.
- Extensive experience producing working drawings and co-ordinating (experience of having worked for a Contractor is advantageous but not essential).
- In-depth working knowledge of current CAD, Revit and BIM applications including 3D graphics and presentation software.
- Experience of maintaining excellent client relationships / key client management as a tool towards developing future business.
- Sector experience to include areas such as commercial, residential, mixed-use, senior living, education, health, energy & historic buildings.
If this sounds like you, then please fill out the form on this page, sending us a brief covering message outlining your suitability and a copy of your CV in Word or PDF format.
Mecserve is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.