Back to Portfolio
60 London Wall, City of London
A complete rework of a prominent City office building. The project extensively refurbished, reconfigured and repositioned the building, which was stripped back to the frame and re-cored.
- MEP design adapted due to increased NIA of 30%, whilst available roof plant area decreased by 30%
- MEP strategy catered for the base build plant whilst providing plentiful future plant and riser provision
- Overcame challenges ensuring 1) flexibility with the location of risers to serve a multitude of tenancy splits despite the loss of main core and stepped back floors and 2) sufficient space for Cat A and Cat B MEP services created despite obstacles of deep beams
- Smart Building ready: central data network installed future proofing various base building systems and allowing for further additions for landlord and tenants
- Installation of automated metering/billing system to supply transparency on energy usage
Design + Sustainability services:
- Embodied carbon of the building is 40% less than a typical new office building due to reusing/retaining existing sub-structure and part of the super structure
- Operational energy performance of the building is significantly lower than similar sized buildings
- Building envelope optimises energy performance with daylight and views out, including non-visible fritted glass, reducing solar gain
- Five roof terraces with planters, plus a green roof, promotes biodiversity
- Measures such as SuDS, ‘blue’ roof sustainable draining elements for attenuating stormwater mitigate against climate breakdown
- Design supports sustainable transport with high-quality bicycle storage and staff changing facilities
Post PC work:
- Provided detailed designs for CAT A fit on several floors
- New generators introduced to the building for standby power facility to tenants requiring its use
- Landlords approvals
With flexibility, adaptability and sustainability central to its design, 60 London Wall now offers 328,500 sq.ft of premium office space on a 1.3 acre corner site, with five stunning roof terraces offering views over the City, and which is significantly let.
More than 40,000 sq.ft of services exposed required impeccable design and finish.
Services provided by Mecserve:
- Building services engineering
- Energy analysis & simulation
- Sustainability benchmarking
- Vertical transportation
- BREEAM 'Outstanding'
- Fitwel accredited
- WiredScore 'Platinum'
- New London Architecture Awards Winner 'Environmental'
- BCO/AJ Retrofit Awards shortlisted
Contract Value: £140m
Architect: EPR Architects
Structural Engineer: Heyne | Tillett | Steel
Quantity Surveyor: Exigere